Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 9 – 10 Minute Solution: Kickbox bootcamp: Basic Training, Fat-Burning Blast & Washboard Abs

I hit snooze this morning. I’m not proud of it, but I did it so I must own up. The thing is though; I couldn’t relax after I pressed it. I just lay there thinking about how comfortable my bed is, and what a bummer it is that the alarm is going to go off again really soon. But when? Now? Now? Now? So I never relaxed. I finally just turned off the alarm and got up. I wasn’t excited about working out. An hour later, I’m glad I did.

I was super tired yesterday afternoon. The kind of tired that make me wonder if I have a brain tumor or something. It doesn’t seem normal to have a fuzzy head that’s more dizzy than painful. I’m starting to wonder if it’s my blood sugar that’s causing it. Truthfully, I’ve wondered this about a hundred times. I seem to feel that way after eating more carbs than protein (like my munchie yesterday of veggie straws, which contrary to the healthy sounding name, are really just glorified French fries in a bag). Today I’m going to watch my meals and snacks and make sure they are balanced. I’m also going to take the “B” vitamins, which seem to help, if even only in my head.

Okay, on to the workout. I got this DVD thru Netflix – they have tons of workout DVD’s! Figures that the ONE that I have rented is the one I wish I would have bought. Oh well, now I know. I am going to use the same DVD tomorrow, choosing different options, since I have to return the DVD soon.

My workout:
10 Minute Solution w/Keli Roberts(3 total): Kickbox Bootcamp – Basic Training, Fat Burning Blast & Ultimate Abs

What I liked:
1. I really liked the basic training section. She (Keli Roberts) gave instruction on real boxing moves, which reminded me of the classes I used to take at LA Boxing.
2. I loved the idea that there are 5 - 10 minute workouts that you can mix and match, giving yourself a quick 10 minute workout or doing a whole 50 minute workout. If you choose the later, you would get a full body workout. I chose 3 of the 5 today.
3. I liked the ab section

What I didn’t like:
1. I could pass on the “Fat Burning Blast” section. She did lots of burpies (sp?), which I think are what started hurting my back a few days ago.

"We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within." — Earl Nightingale:

1 comment:

  1. I hate burbies. The instructor at the 24 Hour Fitness BOSU class does them during the cardio portion.

    ReplyDelete