Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 17: - Biggest Loser Cardio Max – Maximum Results Option

I was excited about working out this morning. And I even got a little extra motivation when my daughter said, “mommy, those girls are as skinny as you”. The girls she was referring to were the biggest loser contestants doing the exercises with the trainers. Granted, they had lost amazing amounts of weight when this was filmed, and they had been working out with trainers for 4 months straight, showing definite muscle definition. But I can’t say I was thrilled to be told I was the same size as these ladies, who still had a bit of weight to lose to be at their goal (all managed to lose it by the finale). But I resisted the urge to make an issue of it to my daughter and just said, “thanks, they look strong.” I don’t want her to have body image issues. Then I pushed myself a little harder.

P.S. Loving my kids yesterday made all the difference. I was "present" with them and they naturally showed me all the reasons why I'm blessed to be their mommy.

My Workout: Biggest Loser Cardio Max – Maximum Results Option

What I liked:
1. 3 different trainers, one for each level, kept it interesting and made each segment seem faster
2. It had all sorts of exercises mixed up together (yoga, boxing, and old school cardio)
3. Gotta love Bob Harper

What I didn’t like:
1. Jillians burpies

"First, you plug the leaks: learn to recognize what drains your energy - life situations, toxic people, or habits such as worry, indecision or guilt. Second, you identify what fills your tank - pleasure, prayer, anticipation, or fun - and give yourself more." - Mira Kirshenbaum

1 comment:

  1. I know... I can not stand Jillian's burpies. First of all,I don't like the name. Second, they just stink. I do like to watch the Biggest Loser. I think if these folks can work out, I better get my butt up and work out. It is total motivation for me the next am. xoxo

    ReplyDelete