Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 6 – Total Body Sculpt with Gilad - Thighs Buttocks and Back

Coming off of a weekend with too many restaurant meals, I was eager to get back to my exercise regime. I woke up at 5:45 feeling awake and excited to workout. It’s surprising to me that I have been awake before my alarm most days so far. Years ago, when I’d have to get up for work, I can remember hitting the snooze button so many times, it was like I was playing a video game in my sleep (buzz, bonk, buzz, bonk). I should thank my kids for giving me the gift of morning coherency.

But today I was up and ready to go before 6. I opted for an exercise program that I recorded on Tivo (is that cheating?). If I’m going to try to do 100 different variations of exercise programs, I’m going to need to get creative about where I find my workouts.

My workout: Total Body Sculpt with Gilad – Thighs, Buttocks and Back
What I liked:
1.They were on the beach in Hawaii, so the scenery couldn’t have been better
2.Gilad was great at cueing the exercises and he checked form a lot. I’m not sure how he did it, but he managed to make me feel like he was actually correcting MY form at home.
3.I liked that it incorporated weights and a workout ball (optional)

What I didn’t like:
1.Because I watched it on Tivo, there were commercials. This was my first time using an exercise show from TV, and I was like, “what the what?!”. I felt cheated because I thought it was a half hour class, but it probably ended up as 25 minutes. I supplemented with a dance show, which was humbling to say the least.

“Invest your time, don’t just spend it” -
Bill Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment