Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 13: - Namaste Yoga

I don’t have very much to say today. Other than I feel I haven’t been working out nearly as hard as I could or should. I think at home there is a little too much freedom to slack off. Some people probably still push themselves despite not having a room full of people and an instructor pushing them. I’m not that person. I need to find a way to really push myself. I’m not burning enough calories and I’m not getting any endorphins. But, on the bright side, I am probably getting enough to get health benefits. That’s something.

I'm in a funk and it's dissapointing. I didn't expect to be here at day 13 of this journey. I expected it to happen at about day 90 or so. Urgh.

My Workout: Namaste Yoga, FitTV

What I liked:
1. Definitely peaceful. I could see doing this at night to wind down. I liked the breathing in and out. I forget to do that. 
2. It feels great to stretch in the morning!
3. Simple, effective moves

What I didn’t like:
1. I don’t do yoga often (ever) so I don’t know the poses. The instructor didn’t go into directions on how to get into positions. I figured them out easily by looking at the tv screen, but that meant I had to crane my neck funny to see it. Not really a big deal. I could see how it would only take a few times doing it to have the moves down without looking.

"I am more and more convinced that our happiness or unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life, than on the nature of those events themselves." - Wilhelm von Humboldt

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, girl! I love reading your reviews. I am a work out at home chick now. It is hard to get motivated and in a routine. But keep at it. :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete