Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 7 – Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

My alarm went off at 6am and I struggled to pull myself out of a deep sleep and a good dream. I wanted so bad to hit the snooze but somehow I found the motivation to put my feet on the ground and stand. Once there, the rest was easier.

My daughter got up at 6:15, blessing me with constructive criticism about my form. This actually proved to be a benefit when she pointed out I was doing the same side twice… oops. It occurred to me this morning that, like Stroller Strides, it’s great that my daughter(s) get to see me exercising. If I were to hit the gym when they were at school, they wouldn’t understand firsthand what I go through to take care of myself. I watched my mom exercise my whole childhood, and I think it is one of the reasons I value health and fitness. My mom still exercises all the time and, since retiring, has taken up tennis and started playing on a competitive tennis team!

I feel great!!!

My workout: Jillian Michaels - Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (57 mins)

What I liked:
1. it was a whole body workout that got my heart rate up. She alternated between upper body and lower body moves, which Jillian claims burns more fat, since the blood is forced to move from one part of the body to the other.
2. I liked the boxing and standing oblique work
3. Each circuit was only 6 minutes long so it made the hour go by fairly fast

What I didn’t like:
1. Hopping and jumping. It’s effective, for sure. But it gives me popcorn knees. Also, note to self: wear a better exercise bra next time (good thing I was in my house!)

People often tell me that motivation doesn’t last and I tell them bathing doesn't either. That's why I recommend it daily. -Zig Ziglar

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to learn how to post a comment. This is a test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Verizon On Demand Exercise TV (free ones) and Jillian is my favorite. I am usually always sore. Her Shred series is pretty good, too. Trouble Zones really does hit those fun "trouble" spots! Good for Summer for getting up and out of bed. I do the same thing in the am. I have to or it doesn't get done! :)

    ReplyDelete