Sunday, December 13, 2009

Swap Till You Drop

I saw a neat idea in Better Homes and Gardens this month and I had to share.



It's called "Swap Till You Drop". Here's what you do:

1. Invite guests - They say 5 is a good number. You ask each friend to bring 10 very nice used items that they no longer want.




2. Tag each item - You set your house up like a boutique, with pretty tags on everything. Appetizers and drinks to make it festive.





3. Set up a claim system - Each person is given 10 clothes pins with their initials on them & they take turns "shopping" for one item at a time. If they want something, they just stick their pin on the tag. If more than one person wants the same thing, you put the pins in a hat to draw a winner.


4. Box up leftovers & donate to charity


Everyone has a ball and goes home with 10 "new" things, without spending a dime. Doesn't that sound fun?!

I'm thinking about hosting one after the holidays. Orange County friends... want in?? Notice I didn't say "OC". That's because my life doesn't resemble the show "the OC" at all. My life also (thankfully) does NOT resemble the Real (ya right) Housewives of OC.
Stop by tomorrow... I'm posting a little Christmas Tag craft I made... :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Summer!

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I am always so curious about who possibly has read my blog, but sometimes you have no idea.

    I love your header picture. Love bright lights. And bright sides. :)

    I also love that idea from Better Homes and Gardens. I have been wanting to have a similar style of party where your friends clean out their closets, and bring clothes, shoes, purses, that they are done with and still in good condition, and we shop. I'm going to have to do it one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, me! me! me! I love that idea, Summer. So much fun and I say, go for it. After Christmas.... perfect timing. Can't wait to see your tag craft, miss crafty pants! :)

    ReplyDelete