Monday, December 21, 2009

Reindeer Food

I was introduced to Reindeer food yesterday and decided to try to make a batch today. It was fairly easy, albeit a tad messy. My only complaint is that they taste sooo good, it was really hard to control myself!



How to make Reindeer food:


What you need:
1 lb white chocolate (melt slowly in saucepan)
2 cups cheerios cereal
2 cups rice chex cereal or chex mix
2 cups pretzels
2 cups salted peanuts
1 12oz package of plain m&m's






What to do:


1. Melt white chocolate in pot on low






2. mix all ingredients together, inside pot with melted chocolate




3. Spread on wax paper to cool. Once partially cool, break into pieces and put in refrigerator to cool more.



check out my little one sneakin a bite!


Notes:
1. I spread mine a little too thick (typical!). I think you are supposed to spread it pretty thin.


2. This batch makes enough for 6-10 goodie bags, depending on how full you make them (and how much you eat!)



3. In February, you can put red and pink m&m's in it to make "Cupid's Food"



My daughter decided to make her own chocolate covered pretzels with the leftover white chocolate and chocolate chips. They were surprisingly good!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment