Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's better to want everything you have than have everything you want

Right? Easier said than done really.

I have wanted to move for a few years now. I have spent many an afternoon daydreaming about a shiny new house in a wonderful school district. But lately I've had a change of heart. Looking at the bright side of things, I was able to start wanting what I have. It all boils down to three simple things really...


First, we rediscovered our apple tree. I ask you, how many houses in OC have an apple tree? We pick them. We eat them. The kids cut them up and pretend to bake with them. And they climb the tree. A lot. Something about that just warms my heart. The apples have mostly fallen off now that it's almost winter. I should dig up a photo of it when it was filled with apples... but i'm tired and want to go relax with hubbie..



Second, my wonderful husband hung little white lights on the patio (that my dad built!). I love little white lights. My patio is now one of my favorite spots in this place I call home. You can't see them much in this photo, but I liked them so much they are now my blog photo.



Last but not least, I recognized the blessing in sending my kids to private school. If we had a good public school, we wouldn't have sent the girls to the awesome Christian school, right down the street!


Sometimes the blessings are right in front of us, if we just choose to look for them. Now if I could just figure out how to get my kids to want everything they have too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! Every time I go to AZ to visit family I come back wanting a bigger house (since all of theirs are 4000 sf). Taking time to see the positive things in life is much more enjoyable than being bah-humbug all the time. Count your blessings every day!! They are truly right in front of you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the lights on the main blog photo... So artistic! Plus it's so appropriate for the title of you blog. You are one neat lady!

    ReplyDelete