Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sock Monster

Everyone knows there is a sock monster who takes clean socks from the dryer, right? Please don't tell me it's not true. There is just no other explanation, really!


I am fairly certain each of my family members (myself included) wears two socks at a time. One sock on the right, and a twin sock on the left.



Yesterday I did laundry. Not just laundry, but ALL OF THE LAUNDRY. We are talking there wasn't a morsel of dirty clothes left in any hamper, room or garage. It was embarrasingly overdue. So overdue, I had to camp out in the living room to sort and fold.




My daughter couldn't resist popping in the photo. :)



Today I finished putting the haul away and folded the last few straggling socks that I had trouble matching yesterday. After piecing everything together...


Here's what I was left with.


13 lonely socks.

What do I do with them now? Do I throw them away? I mean, the twin can't be hiding. I washed everything!

Oh well, on the Bright Side, the laundry is done and put away. Ahhhh!!! It feels good! :)

2 comments:

  1. At my house, the sock monster only seems to enjoy children's socks... hee hee. Honestly, I usually end up finding the missing socks stuck down behind a hamper, under a bed, in the shoe drawer (or in a shoe!).... I hang on to them and most of the time find the missing one. If I don't - socks are great for dusting <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sock pic. is so cute you could turn it horizontal and use it as a blog header. I love it. As for the sock monster...I gave up battling that beast and just put the randoms back into the drawer until their mate appears. Now I'm off to see if I can find my laundry room floor beneath the mountain of dirties that are covering it.

    ReplyDelete