Friday, January 22, 2010

Rainy Day Craft - "Stained Glass" Art

The kids and I did a craft today that I thought I'd share. It was a tad bit messy, but it kept the three of us entertained for an hour so it's a winner in my book.

"Stained Glass" Art


What you need:
crayons
veggie peeler (or cheese grater, or knife)
wax paper
iron (for mom, obviously) - set to low
protective surface - newspaper or table cloth
dixie cups (optional!)



What to do:
Put an OLD table cloth or newspaper down to protect your table!

1. Take wrapper off crayon

2. Shave crayon to get little pieces for your masterpiece


yet another use for dixie cups!!!

3. Spread crayon flakes on wax paper (less is more, I found this out the ugly/hard way)


4. Cover with second piece of wax paper & iron on LOW



Voila!

5. Optional: you can also cut scraps of paper to make a frame.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Great rainy day idea in anticipation of sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that.. a great use of my iron since I actually don't really iron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Summer! I just wanted to share that I took your Mission Statement, tweaked it a teeny, tiny bit, printed it out and framed it in my office. That way every day when I'm at my computer I can see it, and be reminded of who I am and where I want to go. I think it was a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete