Well, I guess not the Academy really, but my friends Jana (2Cool4MyMinivan) and Warrior Princess (No Really I'm Just Saying) - who nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award! You've gotta love blog land. It's just too fun!
My first duty as a winner is to list 7 random things about myself. Duty #2 is to nominate 7 other blog friends for the award. Too fun! Here goes.
1. I love lists. I had to put this first because I was thrilled to have an opportunity to make a list here.
2. I just signed my kids up for extended care at school 3 days a week and I'm really happy about it.
3. My 3 yr old is one of (if not THE) the most strong willed children in the universe. I wrote that last sentence today at about noon. But as I type this (7:30pm), my 5 yr old seems to be attempting to take the reign. She won't let me put her to bed because she only wants her daddy. He is busy putting my other daughter to bed at the moment. Since she threw a fit, we won't let her have her way. So she's upstairs screaming her brains out, saying she doesn't want me to put her to bed. So I'm not. She's on her own. I am angry.
4. I have worked out every day this week and eaten good too. I know results take longer than that but I'm secretly disappointed I don't look like Jennifer Aniston yet.
5. I recently went back to school to become an RN. I am getting ready to start my second of three prerequisite classes before applying to a nursing program. Since it's so competitive, it's imperative that I get A's in my prereq science classes. Hence #2 above, since I need ample time to study. :)
6. I love running, despite the pain it causes in my knees.
7. I just got back from a funeral for my step grandfather. His cousin is a Catholic Priest. During the mass, he said "shit happens". Granted, he was saying that the deceased, Angelo, would have said that. But it was still funny to hear a Catholic Priest, officiating a Mass, say "shit happens".
Okay, my turn to tag! Here are my 7, not including the two that tagged me. If you've been tagged before, just enjoy the love. :)
I couldn't figure out how to make these links... sorry. You can find these ladies on my blog list from my blog.
A Beautiful Mess
All a Flutter
Music to My Ears
The Goat and The Kid
Endurance Isn't Only Physical
Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness