Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Embarassing Moment - A Flirting Oops

I've shared a lot of embarrassing eating stories but I haven't shared very many other embarrassing stories. I have lots. I've thought about writing a book about all of the goofy, embarrassing and down right ditsy things that I have done. But who has time to write a book? And really, like it would get published?! So I'll share one here, and then another one sometime soon.

This one wasn't even the funniest, but it popped into my mind so it's the first.

***

When i was 19, I attended CSULB and shared a condo in Huntington Beach with my brother and a girlfriend. It was a three story condo, and we lived on the second floor. On my way up the stairs one day, I noticed a REALLY HOT guy looking at me. He was all cool and relaxed, with a beer in his hand, leaning on the side of the banister in the adjacent condo. Blushing, I continued up the stairs, glancing over every now and then to see if he was still there. He was. Did I mention he was cute? And he was still looking - no staring - at me.





I was flattered, but was also a little creeped out. Why was this guy staring? He's so intense!What's his deal?!

I quickly got into my condo and yelled for my friend to come over. I was all squealy and giggly, explaining that a hot guy couldn't take his eyes off me, etc. She looked out the window and saw him too. We were both freaking out at this point. I mean, who is this stalker anyway??!

My brother comes out of his room wondering what all the commotion was about. We told him and he decided to take a look for himself. He peeked out the window - and then proceeded to let out the biggest laugh I had ever heard. "It's a cardboard cutout, you idiots!". And it was. A coors light cardboard cutout. Flirting with me. :)

Misc Notes:

This post was inspired by my blog friend Darlene, at Music to My Ears. Check out her embarrasing moment here.

I picked a picture of Carter Oosterhouse because he's... well, um (sorry honey) he's hot. He wasn't actually the guy on the beer ad. At least I dont' think he was. :)

I found another use for dixie cups.... heating up syrup for the kids. 10 seconds in the mircowave and you have perfectly warm syrup without any mess!

15 comments:

  1. Bhahaha Summer. Thanks for the laugh. I still read your blog and it has got to be one of my favorites of all time. Man, you are perfect for this format...you are great at telling stories with photos and words but don't dilly dally for too long over thoughts that are unfocused. I wished I could be as focused as you are in your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. Hey girl, it's all good. Even the cardboard cutouts need a little flirting from time to time. See you Friday... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good one! Too funny. Yea, now worries, we all have embarrassing stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny!! And so funny that your girlfriend thought he was real,too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOOOOOO funny! I love that you shared! ;) We 'borrowed' some card board cut outs from Star Trek... once ... and had a little 'stalker' fun with them ... making them look into windows and such... (of friends homes of course!) I will have to ask my hubby the names ... I forget! (sad!)
    Jenn~

    I blog hop to some of the same ones you are hopping around on... funny to see you 'there' ... crazy blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahahahahahahaha! Can't wait to meet you on Friday so we can share these funny stories in person. Dude, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a classic! Writing a book, is a great idea, you never know of you never show! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What??? At least he was good lookin', right?? That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! I love it ;)
    I could probably help you write that book with all my doosies (however the heck you spell that!) You might have inspired me to share one.... gosh, which one to post????? Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this made me laugh!!! So funny! Your blog is great! Here is the monkey bread recipe that you wanted: http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com/2009/11/monkey-bread.html
    It is SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is GREAT! are you sure you weren't the one with a beer in your hand? that is hysterical - i can only imagine the laughter that followed that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. and about the games...we are playing candyland, chutes and ladders and now monopoly often -- i've yet to be the one to play monopoly with them so i am not sure how much my husband changes the rules, but they love the money concept..i too am wondering what else we can play - a toys r' us trip is on the list today so that i can search the game aisle. thanks for coming to my blog today -- assuming you are going to the get together in february - you are an OC gal too right? can't wait to meet everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I'm laughing out loud over this one. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how lol-funny!! thanks for sharing and giving us all a laugh! {i'd be flattered if a guy like the coorslight guy was stalking me!} {cardboard or not}.
    i'm blog-hopping this weekend... glad i found my way here! :)

    ReplyDelete